The main objective of the FlyATM4E project is to expand approved climate-assessment methods and optimization of aircraft trajectories in order to identify promising mitigation options suitable to solve the task of reducing overall climate impact of aircraft operations. FlyATM4E will develop a concept to identify climate-optimised aircraft trajectories which enable a robust and eco-efficient reduction in aviation’s climate impact. FlyATM4E will identify those weather situations and aircraft trajectories, which lead to a robust climate impact reduction despite uncertainties in atmospheric science that can be characterised by ensemble probabilistic forecasts.
- Horizon 2020
- Call: H2020-SESAR-2019-2 (SESAR 2020 EXPLORATORY RESEARCH)
- 1st June 2020 – 30 Nov. 2022
- 999765 €
- FlyATM4E at the TAC-5Last week the FlyATM4E project was represented by our team at the 5th International Conference on Transport, Atmosphere and Weather (TAC-5) held in Bad Aibling, Germany. Their presentation was on the “Concept for integrating uncertainties when identifying climate-optimized aircraft trajectories: … More FlyATM4E at the TAC-5
- FlyATM4E at ILA Berlin: Climate-optimised flight routesDLR Institute of Atmospheric Physics is showcasing the FlyATM4E project at ILA Berlin airshow 2022 … More FlyATM4E at ILA Berlin: Climate-optimised flight routes
- FlyATM4E at the EGU General Assembly 2022The FlyATM4E project was in Vienna participating in the EGU General Assembly 2022 … More FlyATM4E at the EGU General Assembly 2022