The main objective of the FlyATM4E project is to expand approved climate-assessment methods and optimization of aircraft trajectories in order to identify promising mitigation options suitable to solve the task of reducing overall climate impact of aircraft operations. FlyATM4E will develop a concept to identify climate-optimised aircraft trajectories which enable a robust and eco-efficient reduction in aviation’s climate impact. FlyATM4E will identify those weather situations and aircraft trajectories, which lead to a robust climate impact reduction despite uncertainties in atmospheric science that can be characterised by ensemble probabilistic forecasts.
- Horizon 2020
- Call: H2020-SESAR-2019-2 (SESAR 2020 EXPLORATORY RESEARCH)
- 1st June 2020 – 30 Nov. 2022
- 999765 €
- The FlyATM4E project has reached its completionThe FlyATM4E project started in June 2020 and today, 30 November 2022, is reaching its end. We are very proud of what has been achieved in these two years of activity towards a greener aviation. Thank you to those who … More The FlyATM4E project has reached its completion
- FlyATM4E is in SESAR 3 JU e-news!The video created by the FlyATM4E project to explain how aviation can become climate-friendly has been featured in the October edition of the SESAR 3 JU e-news. Entitled “Identifying future pathways for sustainable aviation”, this section of the newsletter introduces … More FlyATM4E is in SESAR 3 JU e-news!
- FlyATM4E Stakeholder Workshop: highlightsThe FlyATM4E Stakeholder Workshop has just ended with a very rich picture in terms of discussions, but also regarding the heterogeneity of the group: We want to thank you all for your participation and contributions!