The main objective of the FlyATM4E project is to expand approved climate-assessment methods and optimization of aircraft trajectories in order to identify promising mitigation options suitable to solve the task of reducing overall climate impact of aircraft operations. FlyATM4E will develop a concept to identify climate-optimised aircraft trajectories which enable a robust and eco-efficient reduction in aviation’s climate impact. FlyATM4E will identify those weather situations and aircraft trajectories, which lead to a robust climate impact reduction despite uncertainties in atmospheric science that can be characterised by ensemble probabilistic forecasts.
- Horizon 2020
- Call: H2020-SESAR-2019-2 (SESAR 2020 EXPLORATORY RESEARCH)
- 1st June 2020 – 30 Nov. 2022
- 999765 €
- Intermediate Review MeetingFlyATM4E Project has reached the end of the first half of the project duration. Therefore, we had the Intermediate Review Meeting today, 7th September 2021. An overview of the project was given to SESAR JU, the funding entity of FlyATM4E Project, and the … More Intermediate Review Meeting
- ENGAGE KTN #TC3 4th WorkshopOn September 9th, Engage KTN will hold the 4th Workshop of Thematic challenge 3 – Efficient provision and use of meteorological information in ATM. This edition will explore the MET&ENV topics requiring future research, development or community collaboration. The workshop will start with … More ENGAGE KTN #TC3 4th Workshop
- FlyATM4E honored with 2021 Digital European Sky Awards on SustainabilityOn 17 June, the SESAR JU announced the winners of the 2021 Digital European Sky Awards, celebrating the best of research and innovation in air traffic management in Europe. The five winning projects were selected from a shortlist, following rigorous … More FlyATM4E honored with 2021 Digital European Sky Awards on Sustainability