The main objective of the FlyATM4E project is to expand approved climate-assessment methods and optimization of aircraft trajectories in order to identify promising mitigation options suitable to solve the task of reducing overall climate impact of aircraft operations. FlyATM4E will develop a concept to identify climate-optimised aircraft trajectories which enable a robust and eco-efficient reduction in aviation’s climate impact. FlyATM4E will identify those weather situations and aircraft trajectories, which lead to a robust climate impact reduction despite uncertainties in atmospheric science that can be characterised by ensemble probabilistic forecasts.
- Horizon 2020
- Call: H2020-SESAR-2019-2 (SESAR 2020 EXPLORATORY RESEARCH)
- 1st June 2020 – 30 Nov. 2022
- 999765 €
- FlyATM4E honored with 2021 Digital European Sky Awards on SustainabilityOn 17 June, the SESAR JU announced the winners of the 2021 Digital European Sky Awards, celebrating the best of research and innovation in air traffic management in Europe. The five winning projects were selected from a shortlist, following rigorous … More FlyATM4E honored with 2021 Digital European Sky Awards on Sustainability
- SESAR Digital European Sky AwardsWe are proud to announce that FlyATM4E is nominated for the SESAR Digital European Sky Award in the category SUSTAINABILITY. The 2021 edition of the SESAR JU awards, aims to celebrate the best of SESAR research and innovation, recognising successful … More SESAR Digital European Sky Awards
- FlyATM4E at CleanSky2 & InterFABIn the upcomming weeks, our project coordinator, Sigrun Matthes will participate in a few events, highlighting the congribution of FlyATM4E to a more sustainable aviation. On 29th april, she and Volker Grewe will held the keynote at the 2nd edition … More FlyATM4E at CleanSky2 & InterFAB